[TangerineSDR] [EXTERNAL] RX888D - how to start ?

Dave Larsen kv0s.dave at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 09:19:23 EDT 2023

Tom

The confusing thing is that the program uses systemd and ip multicast.

Warning the computer should not have WiFi .  Local traffic traffic is 4.87
Mibps

Use btop to monitor the computer CPU  and
iptop to monitor the multicast

I start the the radio with  the first time

radiod radiod at rx888-generic.conf &

sudo systemctl start radiod radiod at rx888-generic.conf
sudo systemctl stop radiod radiod at rx888-generic.conf

after the first start.

Phil and Rob are making changes all the time right now and the instructions
are changing with an aim to make it easier to use.

I listen to wspr with

wspr-decoded wspr-pcm.local &

This command has no output until the 2 minute decode.  The initial setting
decodes to local files. There is no auto upload the wsprnet.org

Also if you do not have a permanent Linux box.

you can try rx888 with SDRConsole on Windows only.  This is Simon Brown's
windows only program and more like Linhpsdr.

I hope this helps.

I am working on documentation at
https://github.com/LarsenDR/Radio-Docs

Dave KV0S

On Mon, Jul 24, 2023 at 10:30 PM Tom McDermott via TangerineSDR <
tangerinesdr at lists.tapr.org> wrote:

> Hi Bill.  I do not know about edits to the makefile, are those documented
> somewhere?
> I ran make (and make install) on the makefile as distributed by git
> (unedited) and it completed without errors. It created
> rx888.o   but no file called rx888d.something
>
> -- Tom, N5EG
>

> On Mon, Jul 24, 2023, 6:31 PM Bill Engelke via TangerineSDR <
> tangerinesdr at lists.tapr.org> wrote:
>
>> Tom – did  you edit the makefile and run a make? You have to compile
>> rx888d – 73- Bill

KV0S - Dave Larsen
Columbia, MO, USA