[TangerineSDR] Fwd: new data from evaluation of the RM3100 module

David Witten wittend at wwrinc.com
Thu Jul 30 13:30:22 EDT 2020

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Julius Madey <hillfox at fairpoint.net>
Date: Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 12:13 PM
Subject: new data
To: <wittend at wwrinc.com>

Dave,
This is the best data I have yet to demonstrate possible temperature
effects on RM3100 measurements.  I had planned to stabilize temperature at
near 0 C by mounting the 3100 adapter board on an aluminum block immersed
in an ice/water mix, sitting in a foam box but a run this morning at 0500
to 0700 produced a variation of less than 0.5 C.

The attached pdf includes a 2 hour run from yesterday night, 2100-2300 edt,
where temperature had not yet stabilized for the night but which , I think,
clearly shows what appears to be consistent temperature related measurement
effects.

All measurements were made with a cycle count of 600 and a 0A register
value of 10, which amounts to averaging 10 successive readings.  Status
register query was held off until the reading was complete to avoid any
possible effects of i2c bus activity.

I am also sending this to PNI for their comment.

Hope you don't mind using you for a post to the group.

Jules