[aprssig] Consecutive Packet Send

Randy Love rlove31 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 13:07:19 EDT 2021

The burst method may not be compatible with local digipeaters... or some
TNC's even.

Some digipeaters transmit the split second they see an end-of-packet
indicator under the assumption that the tx is done since the packet is
completed. That would cause the digipeater to collide with the rest of your
long packet that you are sending as a burst.

This is done on purpose to induce the packet fratricide that is necessary
for peak performance of APRS digipeating. (i.e. the digipeater will only be
colliding with other digipeaters transmitting the same packet )

Randy
WF5X

Randy