[aprssig] Consecutive Packet Send

Eric H. Christensen eric at aehe.us
Mon Sep 20 12:42:27 EDT 2021

Looking at the WX3in1 Plus 2.0 device, there is a field in the radio tab regarding transmitting packets.  The choices are 'separately' or 'in bursts'.  IIUC, if the device has multiple packets to transmit it can either transmit them separately with breaks in between, or can transmit all of the data packets all together with no breaks.  The manual that comes from Microsat says that 'separately' is the standard in APRS which got me thinking: if there is so much waste with the key up times, why not transmit in bursts to remove that waste?  What am I missing?

73,
Eric WG3K