[aprssig] messaging systems

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Sep 12 16:14:07 EDT 2017

I remember that a D700 with the voice module could actually speak out a
message if it was formatted properly.  Actually, I think it mostly spelled
callsigns but did have some key words too.

I assume any kenwood APRS radio with the voice module can do this.  I’m
asking this on the APRSSIG to see if anyone remembers.

And the Byonics.com Tiny trakers support the OUT Message command for
remotely turning on and off bits via APRS message.  Probably others do as
well.

Bob