[aprssig] APRS Frequency QSY on DATA band

Bob Mueller bob at funautical.com
Thu Jan 26 13:24:00 EST 2017

Tom KD7LXL: generally you have the FM phone side of the radio selected with
the [Band Sel] button (a press of the volume knobs).  So when you push the
TUNE soft button, it tunes the FM phone side of the radio.  You simply need
to press the [BAND SEL] button (volume knob) to make the data side of the
radio the "active" side to QSY to a local digi working on another frequency.

The TM-D710G also has a menu item: <APRS LOCK>.  when configured to
[FREQUENCY], you can't change the frequency of the data band side of the
radio when the TNC is activated.  I presume you'll need to set this to
[OFF] for the QSY function to change the frequency on the data side.  I
leave mine in the [OFF] setting anyways, as I have three different channels
that I use for APRS, with three different tones for Voice Alert.  (CSQ,
100.0, and a local PL)

Bob Mueller
K8MD
bob at funautical.com