[aprssig] APRS Object creation WAS: APRS Symbol Look Up Table

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 10:23:42 EST 2017

On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 9:11 AM, Fred Hillhouse <fmhillhouse at comcast.net>
wrote:

> While commuting, I run WAZE on my phone which keeps me updated to the road
> conditions (e.g., accidents).

too bad there's no way to get at the WAZE data other than the app.  between
WAZE and the other google speed data, there's just no way for a few mobile
hams to do anything useful in comparison.

In the past I've spotted traffic problems indirectly by noting that my
fellow APRS commuters' speeds were much lower than normal highway speeds.

I've also thought about fixed APRS speed sensors (radar, etc) along
highways to provide info about traffic flow.  Might be useful in some
emergency situations, e.g. hurricane evac? but emergency management
probably has something so basic already covered.

-Jason
kg4wsv