[aprssig] New IGate Operator

Jim Conrad jjc at oceanviewcom.com
Tue Jan 3 09:52:38 EST 2017

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the response. I understand the issue on saturation. I have
set it up to only gate positions and with limitations. My thought
process is that positions no matter the source of actual hams (not
objects) should be reflected on RF which provides a coherent picture
for the RF stations. At present there are only a few stations in my
area using TCPIP. It also appears I am the only IGATE for a fairly
large area. I monitor the RF side to make sure there is not any
saturation (from my IGATE anyway).

The Microsat WX3in1 has settings to prevent such issues. It is quite
a well thought out device The default setup is as follows;

APRS-IS to RF:
WIDE2-1
Gate if source station heard by heard via RF - No
RF Heard Buffer timeout 60min
Maximum packets per 1 min: 6
Maximum packets per 2 min: 9
Maximum packets per 3 min: 12