[aprssig] IGate FIlter for AMSATS?

Jess Haas km6gvw at jesshaas.com
Fri Feb 24 15:07:22 EST 2017

I know the APRS-IS isnt currently designed for RF analysis but how much
extra bandwidth would be required to switch it from elimimating duplicates
to filtering them on the output by default?

It seems to me that this would keep the end user experience and amount of
traffic the same while allowing the ability for users to do RF analysis by
changing their output filters. It would of course significantly increase
the amount of traffic between the servers, but would it still be at a
reasonable level considering the bandwidth potential of modern internet
connections?

-Jess
KM6GVW