[aprssig] SATgates ? (again)

Kenneth Finnegan kennethfinnegan2007 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 12:56:41 EST 2016

There wasn't ever consensus that it even was an issue to begin with. What
you're describing is trying to use the APRS-IS as a local RF analysis tool.

My argument was that if you're trying to use the APRS constellation for
something actually useful and not just the novelty of bouncing a packet off
a satellite, you would much prefer getting i-gated in simplex range so you
don't need to rely on maybe getting through a satellite.

I'm not convinced I want to implement a satgate switch in APRX, and would
reject any patches to do so.

Kenneth Finnegan