[aprssig] SATgates ? (again)

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sun Jan 24 11:18:05 EST 2016

Did we ever resolve the SAT-gate black-hole problem?

That is, the fact that a user packet transmitted insimplex range of a
SATgate will be heard direct and the subsequent Satellite digipetetd packet
will be rejected by the APRS-IS as a dupe and not show on either of the
ariss.net or pcsat.findu.com pages.

Is not the simple solution to have a SAT-mode switch.  That when set to SAT
mode, the igate code will ignore any non-digipeated packet and not send it
to the APRS-iS?

Then we get people who run SATgates to use this mode?

Or am I missing something again...

Bob, WB4APR