[aprssig] APRS Operation by Foreign Hams in Australia

Andrew P. andrewemt at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 14 16:40:31 EST 2015

I can't speak for Australia, but I had the same question about traveling in Canada, and the ruling there was that they simply wanted to know where in the country the foreigner was operating, and the APRS position reports provided that much more precisely than a province-level suffix did, so there was no need to use the suffix in APRS position packets.

Andrew Pavlin, KA2DDO
frequent Ontario fisherman