[aprssig] APRS Operation by Foreign Hams in Australia

John Gorkos jgorkos at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 16:22:57 EST 2015

I'll be doing business in Australia for a few weeks, and I'll be taking
my TH-D72 with me.  According to the Aussie government, I don't need to
do anything special other than identify with my callsign / VKx
(http://www.acma.gov.au/Industry/Spectrum/Radiocomms-licensing/Class-licences/overseas-amateurs-visiting-australia)
 However, under AX.25, you can't put a slash-call in the "FROM" header.
 Is is sufficient to put my actual callsign in the FROM header, and
include my callsign /VK in the message body?  Anyone from down-under
able to clarify/collaborate that?

Also, I'll be in Melbourne, and if there's anyone on the list interested
in showing me how to drink a beer on the other side of the planet, I'm a
willing and able student.

John Gorkos
AB0OO