[aprssig] Field Day power (220 VDC)

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Sun Oct 21 20:45:34 EDT 2007

That was for open-air use, and not in chassis wiring.  I think it's just
a guideline and not an official specification, but still... 18 AWG seems
thin.  That's what, 16 watts dissipated as heat for every 100 feet at 5
amps?  I suppose it's not going to melt the insulation, but 14 AWG would
have 1/3 the loss.

Scott
N1VG