[aprssig] D710 PTT mode (or D700?)

Rusty Hemenway nnn0fjk at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 15:01:48 EDT 2007

Bob and Group

Tried setting the Beacon to PTT from Auto on the 710.  Worked the same as
you found on the 700.

This helped me out with the problem I had with the 710, whereby it would
stop scanning every time it transmitted.  This was an issue as I wanted to
transmit my position, but every time side A transmitted, scanning stopped on
B.  I had to push the MR button to resume scanning.  I did not have this
issue with the 700.

Now I can still send my position each time I transmit on side B, and I have
to push the MR button anyway if I've been transmitting on B to resume
scanning.   Of course I'm not transmitting my position as often as before,
but now I can do both.

I hope Kenwood makes a change so I can scan and transmit APRS without having
to push the MR button each time.  Then I'll have the option of scanning all
the time and sending many aprs positions or just sending the aprs positions
when I set the beacon to ptt and transmit on b. I prefer the first option
for better tracking, but the second is doable until a software change is
made.