[aprssig] Voice Repeater Objects

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Oct 1 12:42:56 EDT 2007

Saw a few more voice frequencies show up on my display while
driving this weekend.  But many were not in the correct format.
I realized my spec was unclear about what to do with tones below
100 Hz.  So this morning I updated my web page with the correct
info:
http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/localinfo.html

There is also a link there to the APRS Freq-Spec and I updated
it too.  Here is the raw format of the BTEXT to put into a
digipeater for these objects.  Preceed this with the BT command,
of course.

;146.94-MD *111111zDDMM.hhN/DDDMM.hhWr T079 R30m Net Tu9PM
Mg3rdTh

The T079 is always 4 digits and in this case it means the exact
tone of 79.7 Hz.  The range is nominally 25 miles in this
example and the on-air nets and regular Meeting times are shown.
We need to standardize this TONE field so that clients can
always parse it.

Oh, and one I received, I could never raise until I noticed it
was over 150 miles away.  Remember, these are supposed to be
DIRECT so that they do not cover any area where that repeater
cannot be reached.
Thanks Bob