[aprssig] APRS resolution

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Oct 1 10:08:09 EDT 2007

>> I hope you will use the !DAO! APRS format for
>> high resolution that is in the APRS1.2 addendum.
>
> ...that is probably implemented by dosaprs...
> ...are there others that implement it?

XASTIR, Opentracker and probably other client programs that are
remaining current or that need the added 1 foot resolution.
Most routine APRS applications do not...

> Compressed base-91 support is far more common.

Just be sure to not use base-91 compression for objects, since
that has been found to have implementation problems.  Better to
use the !DAO! Format which is 100% backwards compatible to all
existing systems.

Bob, WB4APR