[aprssig] planes and ham radio

w2kb at comcast.net w2kb at comcast.net
Fri May 18 10:09:22 EDT 2007

I've taken a D7 on Continental several times with no issue.  (not permitted to turn it on during the flight of course) Last fall I flew from Newark, NJ to St. Louis, MO on Continental with a Garmin 396 aviation GPS.  Continental now allows a GPS to be used above 10,000 feet when the computer, etc. annoucement is made.  The GPS got a good lock and it was interesting to watch, including all the aviation info it displays.   At one point one of the cabin attendants asked me where we were enroute.  <g>
73, ---Ken W2KB
From: "Kevin Deckert" <kdeckert at telus.net>

Greetings [off topic]  but wondering with the new security measures is it still possible to take amateur radio handheld in carry on luggage on planes in the US?

Kevin ve7whk