[aprssig] planes and ham radio

Randy Allen ka0azs at earthlink.net
Fri May 18 06:28:10 EDT 2007

I took my Kenwood DH-7 (To keep it APRS related :-) ) on a trip last
November and didn't even get a question.

Had it in my laptop bag along with my Palm and laptop so maybe it just
blended in with the rest of the  electronics on the X-Ray.

I always make sure I have a functional battery with it in case they want
me to turn it on and I also make sure it is not 1) tuned to an aviation
frequency (to avoid any conversations as to why I'm monitoring aircraft
and/or whether or not I can transmit in those bands) and in this case 2)
was not set to transmit on APRS automatically so no red light coming on.

73 and Safe trip.

--
Randy Allen, KAØAZS