[aprssig] California roadtrip

Bob k8ys at fuse.net
Sun May 13 19:47:58 EDT 2007

I cannot think of a Class A that will support a mirror mount antenna.

Every brand of RV that comes to mind, have enclosed, encased, mirrors
with controls to adjust the mirrors. I have not seen any current mirrors
with 1/2 inch diameter tubes to support mirrors.

Things may be different on Class C or Class B motor homes.

Also, since the Class A is normally skinned in fiberglass, a huge magnet
arraignment is out too. Again, a Class B or Class C would have steel
surfaces.

One solution on a Class A would be the ladder and a mirror mount. Then
you just need to run the feed line down the ladder, under the chassis
and up into the coach.

Good luck!

Bob K8YS
2005 Bounder 36Z
2004 GMC Envoy
FMCA 380407

Camping since 1963 in a Nimrod tentcamper

The suggestions that the guys have made are all good. If you're renting
a "Class C" motorhome, which is based on a "Cab and Chassis"
arrangement, then you can plant the mag mount on the fender. If it's a
"Class A", then you'll face the mounting challenges, with the mirror
mount being your best solution.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
6:40 PM