[aprssig] California roadtrip

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Sun May 13 23:55:22 EDT 2007

On Sun, 13 May 2007, Earl Needham wrote:

>        Most of the RV's that I have noticed, have a rail around the top, or
> around a portion of the top, and I think you could buy a mirror mount for CB
> antennas and put that on there.  Those mounts are available at nearly every
> truck stop in the nation.

   In addition to the standard 'mirror' mount, which will mount an antenna
to any horizontal or vertical piece of tubing 1/2" - 1 1/4" or so in
diameter, the truck stops in this area all seem to have a mount consisting
of a 'vise-grips' pair of locking pliers with an antenna mounting bracket
welded to it.  That's a tool that should be in every ham's portable
go-kit!

--
Rick Green, N8BJX

                                   -Benjamin Franklin