OT: Re: [aprssig] Tethering to Cell Phone

Dennis Hudson n2lbt at spamcop.net
Fri Feb 10 09:33:36 EST 2006

The GPRS tethering is the same principal as ATTWS(Blue) and Cingular
(Orange) are now the same network in most locations. See http://
www.taniwha.org.uk/gprs.html for the APN, Username and Password along
with some general instructions. The 2G Razr works fine for GPRS at
~128k which is plenty for a filtered feed on APRS. As with ATT, and
most all other carriers, tethering your laptop on a unlimited Media
Net plan is a violation of your TOS. Read up on the rules before you
decide. That being said, it works fine. In fact the Razr seems to be
~10-20k faster than my Treo tethered.

--
Dennis Hudson, N2LBT
Sysop APRSALY