[aprssig] Tethering to Cell Phone

aprssigs aprssigs at comcast.net
Fri Feb 10 03:03:21 EST 2006

I am considering setting up a portable station that could be an I-Gate by tethering my laptop to a cell phone for an internet connection.  Or to simply connect to APRS without a tnc.  I can currently do this with an ATTWS phone via Bluetooth, but I want to migrate to Cingular and use a Razr.  Has anyone had luck tethering a PDA or laptop to a Cingular Bluetooth cell phone?    If so please send me details such as what plan you have, cell phone, how you are tethering, codes that you had to dial to connect, etc.  I especially would like to do this with a regular cell phone, not a pda type.

Thanks,

Ron, N7QXO