[aprssig] UiView32 Registrations

John Kraus jfkraus3 at cox.net
Tue Apr 5 09:21:55 EDT 2005

At 10:00 PM 4/4/2005, you wrote:
>Yes, you are missing that Roger (the author of the program) specifically
>requested the registration and contribution to cancer research in return
>for free use of the program.
>
>The fact that the system depends on the "honor" of the participants,
>should not be grounds for doing the dishonorable.

Did Roger specify the actual process for generating the registration
information?

If so did he specify that it must be done only by a volunteer effort?

By this I mean: send email to XX who will generate the code and email it
back.  I am specifically not referring to the actual program that generates
the actual number.  Did he specify the actual steps that must be taken?

If not what is wrong with automating the process?

I think an automatic process via a website could even be more effective by
providing links to various research organizations.  Indeed this website
could be used to enhance awareness of Rogers work and his contributions to
ham radio as well as enhancing Cancer research awareness.

As long as it is not specifically disallowed how is an automated process
"dishonorable"?

I do not see anything Scott has proposed as "dishonorable". Some of the
replies on the other hand have been much less tasteful.