[aprssig] Good God! Western Mountain Top Digies Go Vast Distances!

Stephen H. Smith WA8LMF2 at aol.com
Wed Sep 29 01:24:06 EDT 2004

Never really realized how vast though!

Yesterday ( 27 Sept 04) I drove from San Diego, CA to Tucson, AZ via
Interstate-8.

At 8:30 PM, I stopped for dinner at the junction of I-8 and I-10 (Casa
Grande about half way between Phoenix and Tucson).  I left UI-View
running on my mobile laptop connected to a Kenwood D700 monitoring
144.39 for about half an hour while eating.

The image linked below is a screen cap of the resulting map showing all
the stations heard IN A MOBILE ON THE GROUND. This is STRICTLY RF; no
Internet connection was involved.

   http://members.aol.com/wa8lmf/aprs/APRS-Off-Air-In-AZ.GIF

Stephen H. Smith                   wa8lmf (at) aol.com

Home Page:                            http://wa8lmf.com