[aprssig] low power alt input

K. Mark Caviezel kmcaviezel at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 28 19:40:19 EDT 2004

Gang:
hey let's not forget that Bob's original intent of the
alt input freq is to increase the utility of the
frequently "fully subscribed" 144.39.   I think it's a
good idea. although it seems to be pretty conentious
to some of us here.   In addition to Bob's 'super
digi' as I'll call it, there is another possibility:

Stations that simply listen and I-gate on 144.99.
This is a very simple set up, won't really 'compute'
for the RF/Tactical crowd, but will add capacity and
utility.

I'm gonna turn on a 2m rig and monitor 144.99 for the
next several days in Denver to see if there are
frequent users of that frequency.   I'll encourage all
person who want to help out to do the same.

- KMC ng0x.