Subject: [aprssig] The ultimate APRS mapping program?

K. Mark Caviezel kmcaviezel at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 28 19:25:08 EDT 2004

Scott:
the ultimate cool mapping program is Radio Mobile.  It
uses the free SRTM topography data and calculates view
sheds and link budgets.   If I could program my way
out of a wet paper sack, (I can't!) I'd attempt to
write something that would plot stations with their
view sheds, making a 2-3 m antenna height guess for
stations of unknown antenna height, actual antenna
height for known height antennas.  There are some
APRS-like functions built in already.

- KMC ng0x Denver