[aprssig] xastir install!!! wowsa!

Gerry Creager n5jxs gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Mon Sep 27 00:34:36 EDT 2004

WRT the USrad radar mosaic, I think we're gonna look at using gzip to
compress it and uncompressing it on the xastir host.  That should
improve things dramatically.  I'm also about to creat mozaics of the
CONUX that are regionalized for convenience.  Then, rather than loading
one big radar image, you'd select the one(s) you really want at the time.

WRT regaining control:  It requires some patience.  Click on maps ->
Automap: disable raster maps,  and then wait for the interrupts to catch
up to you.  That'll let you own your own machine again.  Then, go into
map chooser and un-highlight the USrad.geo selection.

It's a problem and one I'd like to see us resolve.  73, gerry

Gerry Creager -- gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Cell: 979.229.5301 Office: 979.458.4020
FAX:  979.847.8578 Pager:  979.228.0173