[aprssig] conveying map view

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Sep 22 16:56:26 EDT 2004

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004, Bob Bruninga wrote:

> OK, PROPOSAL IS:
>
> The EYEBALL ICON if it has a RNGXXX descriptor will cause everyone's
> map (if the feature is enabled) to CENTER and ZOOM to range RNGxxxx
> on first receipt.
>
> Did I miss anything?

Yea, I don't want that sort of operation.  I'd like either a dialog
asking the user if he'd like to center/zoom to that eyeball, or have
it be something the user has to select manually through
manipulations on that object, such as right-clicking or
double-clicking, then selecting that option.

I don't want any sort of automatic center/zoom as that will just
annoy the majority of users on channel that are not participating in
the event.  It needs to be okay'ed by the user before it happens in
any case.