[aprssig] RE: [OZAPRS] Re: SSID's

A.J. Farmer ajfarmer at spenet.com
Mon Sep 20 18:33:40 EDT 2004

For those that may not have seen it, this link lists the APRS SSID
"recommendations".  You can still do whatever you want, but it's nice to
have everyone on the same page:

http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/aprs/SSIDs

-5 isn't listed which I understand is the standard for a standalone Igate.

I think the ultimate question is with the rise in popularity of TinyTraks
and now the PocketTracker, should we standardize one of the SSID's for a TX
only tracker?  That way it makes it easy to know not to bother to send that
station a message.  Maybe -11 since I'm not aware of APRS Touch Tone taking
off?   If you haven't seen this month's QST, there is a large article on the
PocketTracker so more of these will probably be appearing "on a digi near
you" soon. ;-)

73!

A.J. Farmer, AJ3U
http://www.aj3u.com