[aprssig] RE: [OZAPRS] Re: SSID's

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Mon Sep 20 16:27:08 EDT 2004

The problem with using SSIDs for this is that you never know for sure if
they mean anything.  What we need is a capabilities field that describes the
attributes of the station - mobile, message-capable, query-capable, and so
on.  At the least, that'd make it easy for all the clients to color-code or
otherwise annotate symbols appropriately, like APRSDOS does and Bob's always
reminding us.

Scott
N1VG