[TangerineSDR] In pursuit of low noise: fiber USB cables?

Tom McDermott tom.n5eg at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 15:05:14 EST 2024

Hi John - some things to consider about the USB extender cable:

1. How will the RX888 be powered when using this cable?
2. In the one review - the extender was being used to bring back data from
an HDMI switch to a computer.
HDMI switches are usually powered from the HDMI cables or via a local DC
input, thus not needing power from the USB port.
3. I'm guessing much of the hash is due to the DC USB power from the
computer radiating as RFI on the cable
when the shield is making poor or no contact.

-- Tom, N5EG