[TangerineSDR] [EXTERNAL] RX888D - how to start ?

Bob Stricklin bstrick at n5brg.com
Tue Jul 25 15:28:55 EDT 2023

All,

Regarding the rx888 devices that are not working…

Reviewing the information in the EZ-USB FX3/FX3S boot options posted by Franco:

Section 6.1 indicates the device only supports USB 2.0.

Also the USB  descriptor may change depending on the boot option selected with the three jumper pads and masked firmware progression in the device.

VID=0x04B4 and PID=0x00F3 is an example ID of I2C rolling over to USB boot.

In ubuntu use “lsusb" to view the USB devices on your system.

Note there are three logical states on the boot option select pads, 0, 1, and Z.  This is a trick used to provide more options on a small number of programming pins. The implementation of the Z obtain in the IC is important and may have an issue in the device. There are 9 possible states and they have listed 5 of the states. The others probably put the dice in test modes or un-documented operational modes.

Bob