[TangerineSDR] [HamSCI] Merry Christmas! SAQ Grimeton Christmas Eve Transmission

Jonathan emuman100 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 07:54:32 EST 2021

Hi John,

I believe 329 is accurate to what you were able to squeeze out from my recording. I use sox quite a bit, but I wasn’t aware of the benefit of the filter in this case. The brick wall filter of vtfilter isn’t always the best choice. In sox, the bandpass filter is a 2-pole Butterworth and worked much better.

I’ll definitely give Baudline a try, especially with the autonotch feature. I’m in the process of trying to identify the source of those harmonics and mitigate them in my receiver. Unfortunately, they raise the noise floor, so weak signals can easily be missed.

Thank you again for all of your help and contributing to a successful copy! I submitted the information for an eQSL card.

Jonathan
KC3EEY