[TangerineSDR] [HamSCI] Merry Christmas! SAQ Grimeton Christmas Eve Transmission

Jonathan emuman100 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 10:43:24 EST 2021

Peter,

Thanks for the background and history! I watched this year’s recording of the live stream and really enjoyed it! Based on LWPC modeling, the carrier power was 3.1kW! LWCA’s The Lowdown is a great read! I’ll have to subscribe.

Gary,

I really enjoyed that radio program! He was speaking about auroral/dawn chorus as they are ducted, whistler-mode emissions. It was really cool to hear a conversation like that in the main stream.

Gerry,

I do believe LWPC (Long Wave Propagation Capability) modeling software takes into account terrain in making its predictions. My guess is that  the mountainous terrain would only effect the ground wave, but minimally. According to the reception reports so far, SAQ was increasingly harder to copy the more west you went, and I believe the ground wave component was more prominent.

Jonathan
KC3EEY