[TangerineSDR] In-Person HamSCI Workshop Cancelled Due to Coronavirus Concerns

Dr. Nathaniel A. Frissell Ph.D. nathaniel.frissell at scranton.edu
Wed Mar 11 08:37:58 EDT 2020

Dear HamSCI Community,

I have some difficult news to share with you. As of March 11, 2020, we have continued to monitor the coronavirus situation and find that it is no longer feasible to hold an in-person HamSCI workshop this year. This has been a very difficult decision to make, as a tremendous amount of planning and effort by many people have gone into preparing for the workshop. We will refund all registrations for this event. Please take this time to cancel any travel arrangements you may have made to attend the workshop. If the University of Scranton has made arrangements for you, we will cancel them for you and be in touch with you regarding the situation.

The Science/Program Committee is discussing over the next few days the best alternative plans for the HamSCI workshop. This may mean a form all-electronic meeting using teleconference/webinar services. I will send out another e-mail over the next few days with updates on this. I will also be keeping hamsci.org/hamsci2020 up-to-date.

Thank you for all of your support! We will figure out the best way to keep everything going!

73 de Nathaniel W2NAF and the Organizing Committee

Dr. Nathaniel A. Frissell, Ph.D., W2NAF
HamSCI Lead
Assistant Professor
Department of Physics and Electrical Engineering
University of Scranton
(973) 787-4506