[TangerineSDR] Fwd: temperature tests

David Witten wittend at wwrinc.com
Thu Aug 6 12:48:14 EDT 2020

To group.

Dave

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: David Witten <wittend at wwrinc.com>
Date: Thu, Aug 6, 2020 at 11:46 AM
Subject: Re: temperature tests
To: Julius Madey <hillfox at fairpoint.net>

Julius,

Thanks for sharing that.

My plan for putting a device outside for testing looks very similar.

I am planning to place the device in a piece of PVC pipe nestled inside
that amount of Pink foam.  I have some stuff that set designers and outdoor
sculptors use to seal the Foam material to waterproof it and make it hard.
Then almost any other paint/sealant can be applied.  It can be buried or
left out in the weather.  I also thought about wrapping it in Tyvec.

The fact that I can make this stuff look like almost anything (garden
gnome?) should help with my neighborhood's covenants.

Dave