[TangerineSDR] Notes from PSWS / TangerineSDR call of 08-02-2020

Dr. Nathaniel A. Frissell Ph.D. nathaniel.frissell at scranton.edu
Tue Aug 4 08:47:57 EDT 2020

Hi all,

Here is the recording from last night’s meeting: https://scranton.zoom.us/rec/share/x84rDurr231Jctbo-R_8Q_UaHra6T6a80XdK8qENzU1PmP9Exp0bm8InBYKAQVVH

73 de Nathaniel W2NAF

From: TangerineSDR <tangerinesdr-bounces at lists.tapr.org> On Behalf Of Tom McDermott via TangerineSDR
Sent: Monday, August 3, 2020 10:12 PM
To: TAPR TangerineSDR Modular Software Defined Radio <tangerinesdr at lists.tapr.org>
Cc: Tom McDermott <tom.n5eg at gmail.com>
Subject: [TangerineSDR] Notes from PSWS / TangerineSDR call of 08-02-2020

Notes from PSWS / TangerineSDR call of 08-02-2020

1. Still an open question about correlation of the Tangerine magnetometer data with the instruments at Jenny Jump. Other measurements seem like the Tangerine unit is basically working, so there are plans to re-try the measurements at Jenny Jump but at a location closer to the existing science grade fluxgate magnetometer. Given the very few working copies of Dave's hand-built units, it's difficult to separate a possible problem with one unit from a general problem. We agreed to make 10 prototype sets (20 extender boards + 10 PNI boards) using Scotty's artwork so we can have more units in order to verify proper operation.

-- Tom, N5EG