[TangerineSDR] Magnetometer Spec update to V0.3

Tom McDermott tom.n5eg at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 13:58:17 EDT 2019

Hi Nathaniel,

The Magnetometer RM3100 User Manual has this note attached to paragraph
5.2.1.:
----------------------
Note: The Cycle Count Registers establish the maximum data rate of the
sensors. For instance,
if the cycle count is set to 200 D , then the maximum 3-axis update rate is
~430 Hz. If TMRC is set
to 0x92, indicating an update rate of ~600 Hz, the rate established by the
cycle count will override
the TMRC request, and the actual update rate will be ~430 Hz.
-----------------------

For the PSWS application and using the range extenders, we would limit the
interface to 100 kb/s in
order to accommodate 30m of cable. In continuous mode, a measurement
reading takes 10 register
reads, with overhead that's about 90 bits, lets round up to 100 bits. That
is 1 millisecond to take
a measurement.   Thus the Magnetometer IC itself is the rate limit for a
cycle count of 200, and
the update rate would be 430 / second.

-- Tom, N5EG