[nos-bbs] PBBS User JNOS

Charles J. Hargrove n2nov at n2nov.net
Sat Dec 30 21:37:44 EST 2023

On my JNOS I have AX25 RF, NetRom and registered telnet users with a
password as 59 and registered bbs users as 24635.

# Miscellaneous accounts requiring no password:
ax25perm * /home/jnos/public 59   #ax.25 login to mailbox
nrperm * /home/jnos/public 59   #netrom login to mailbox
pppperm * /home/jnos/public 3   #ppp's call to userlogin
tipperm * /home/jnos/public 3   #tip login to mailbox
univperm * /home/jnos/public 3   #not listed elsewhere gets guest status
tcpperm * /home/jnos/public 3   #telnet login to mailbox
confperm * /home/jnos/public 3   #convers signin
ftpperm * /home/jnos/public 3   #ftp login
guest * /home/jnos/public 3
anonymous * /home/jnos/public 3
anon * /home/jnos/public 3

# <permissions>
#    ftp and telnet
#    --------------
#       1     read file
#       2     create new file
#       4     write/delete file
#
#    telnet only
#    -----------
#       8     AX.25 Gateway access
#      16     Telnet Gateway access
#      32     NET/ROM Access
#      64     Remote control
#     128     Disallow access
#
#    ppp only
#    --------
#     256     PPP connection
#     512     peer ID/password lookup
#
#    others
#    ------
#    1024     disallow send command
#    2048     disallow read command
#    4096     disallow third-party mail
#    8192     this user is a bbs
#   16384     this user is an expert
#   32768     disallow convers command
#   65536     default is no escape character
#  131072     no lists displayed from mailbox
#  262144     disable 'linked to'
#  524288     ignore last read in <area>.usr for shared accts
# 1048576     avoid FBB compression
# 2097152     allow XG (dynip route) command
# 4194304     disallow telnet to 44/8
# 8388608     allow telnet to only 44/8
#
# To set options, simply above add values together.
#
#
# Format in /ftpusers file is:
#    <name> <password> [<drive:></rootdir>;</root2>] <#perms>] [=]...
#    <name> is the userid, normally a callsign for amateur radio use.
#

--
Charles J. Hargrove - N2NOV
NYC-ARECS/RACES Citywide Radio Officer/Skywarn Coord.

NYC-ARECS/RACES Nets 441.100/136.5 PL
ARnewsline Broadcast Mon. @ 8:00PM
NYC-ARECS Weekly Net Mon. @ 8:30PM
http://www.nyc-arecs.org

NY-NBEMS Net Saturdays @ 10AM & USeast-NBEMS Net Wednesdays @ 7PM
on 7.036 Mhz USB (alt 3.536)/1500 hz waterfall spot; MFSK-16 or 32

"Information is the oxygen of the modern age. It seeps through the walls
topped
by barbed wire, it wafts across the electrified borders." - Ronald Reagan

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates." - Tacitus

"Molann an obair an fear" - Irish Saying
(The work praises the man.)

"No matter how big and powerful government gets, and the many services it
provides, it can never take the place of volunteers." - Ronald Reagan