[nos-bbs] PBBS User JNOS

Lee D Bengston kilo5dat at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 12:21:03 EST 2023

My observation of how BPQ works is that designating a user as a BBS simply
allows that user to receive forwarded messages from another BBS. When a
user is not designated as a BBS, attempts to forward to that user from
another BBS fail. Designating a user as a BBS does not impact the ability
to manually connect and leave that user a message, i.e. do it without
forwarding. That works all of the time to any user regardless of whether or
not it is a BBS.

I THINK "not enforcing the BBS bit in the user profile" would result in the
behavior above, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

73,
Lee K5DAT