[nos-bbs] PBBS User JNOS

Maiko (Personal) maiko at pcsinternet.ca
Sat Dec 30 15:29:51 EST 2023

Okay, so perhaps this is all that is needed :

    #define J2_DONT_ENFORCE_BBS_USER

in your config.h, then :

    rm mboxmail.o
    make

This was a point of contention (perhaps) between Brian (SK) and myself,
or partially related to this SP without a BID, you could try and use the
above 'solution' to deal with the issue ? already forgotten about it :|

The original JNOS probably allowed both, at the risk of a user trying to
send a message without a BID ? because if you are marked as BBS, there
was a risk of that, or something like that. I will have to take a closer
look at this again, sorry - anyways, in mboxmail.c there is :

    #ifndef J2_DONT_ENFORCE_BBS_USER
      /* 24Dec2020, Maiko, for Red (PE1RRR) */

So this alone might not 'fix' the real issue, just saying ...

Maiko / VE4KLM