[nos-bbs] RIP2?

Chris Maness chris at chrismaness.com
Sat Nov 19 17:39:12 EST 2022

I have a Pi that used to be in a DMZ, but it is not now.  However, seeing
that I can port forward 520/UDP would I be able to get this running
without figuring out how to get it back in the DMZ.  Also just realized
that the Pi would need to be open for IPIP tunnels.  However, I am not
sure if an incoming IPIP packet would be searching for a TCP socket, or if
is all handled at the lower OSI level below TCP.  So would my Pi that I am
using as a 44-net GW have to be fully exposed to the internet or if there
is a firewall rule I can add to get around this on my router without
trying to figure out how to get this thing back in the DMZ.  I have 5
static IP's at my house and this Pi has one.

Also, I scanned GW.AMPR.ORG, and I did not see 520 UDP open, but I know
very little about RIP.  I had rip44d working a couple of years ago, but
my 44-net stuff has been down for a while.  Thanks in advance for any
help.

Chirs KQ6UP