[nos-bbs] JNOS rig control of frequency

Sky sky at aa6ax.us
Sat Jun 4 13:48:23 EDT 2022

Thank you for the candid and thorough reply, which saved me much time reading the documentation. Which was fun anyway for the first hour. But it is GOOD to have this group of experienced people available as well.

At this point in my radio career, that's too much for me to commit to...in terms of testing and writing more scripts and so forth.

However, it is within the range of possibility to add a second TNC+radio to my setup, and have it on a different 2m frequency. That expense is small compared to the time I'd burn on control interfaces and software and testing. (It's just where I am career-wise at this point relative to the radio 'hobby'.)

Please confirm the following:

•	The second interface would allow JNOS to simultaneously listen to both frequencies, logging all traffic and serving its BBS on both frequencies. (This one I am sure of.)

•	JNOS will not trigger a second radio to transmit at the same time as the first. (This was one of my earlier questions, and I honestly do not know the answer.)

I would be able to re-use my Python scripts -- the ones I use to interrogate remote BBS's and pick up my messages -- because they are interface specific. Because now I tell them which interface to use, and having two interfaces is no problem.

Having two radios and antenna systems is no problem at all as long as they don't both transmit at the same time.

This would allow continued use of JNOS without additional work from anybody.

—Sky