[nos-bbs] D-Link DIR-601 and Jnos

jerome schatten romers at shaw.ca
Tue Sep 27 03:06:37 EDT 2016

My Cisco E1000 died and I had the DIR601 hanging around which I pressed into service.

I changed all the configs in autoexec.nos to reflect the ‘0’ instead of ‘1’ in the third octet of the lan ip addresses, and configured the router for the jnos side of the tunnel to be in the DMZ, same as with the Cisco.

I updated my new commercial ip with the gateway, and expected to eventually see some rip broadcasts, but nada….   Some internet bad guys visible, but not many — all shields down no firewalls, etc.  So I tried port forwarding everything to the DMZ address. Still nada.  More bad guys, but no good guys. Quite a bit of port 443 activity, but no ham stuff visible. No gateway broadcasts, and nothing going out from me either.  On the lan side, I can ping the jnos machine and sign into it, and get to jnos from any machine on the lan.

So my questions are these:

1. Has anyone successfully used this or a similar Dlink router with jnos and made it work?  If so, will you tell me the secret?

2. How do you know if a particular ip address is ‘really’ in the DMZ?  How to test this?

3. If this box won’t work, what is available that will?

Thanks,
jerome - ve7ass