[nos-bbs] RIP

Don Moore ve3zda at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 15:09:13 EDT 2016

I along with others noticed an interesting phenomenon and are confident
that it's unique to version K...
Shortly after the gateway broadcasts the RIP data the station(s) running K
sends data encapping his Internet address instead of his 44 address.  It
will remain that way for a while and then recovers until the next broadcast
when it repeats the above mentioned process.
As a result, it's not long before the quality of the axip link to that
station begins to drop.  I have one currently whose quality has dropped to
23% and others that too are dropping.
Of course along with axip, stuff like SMTP etc. Also stop communicating
because of the incorrect route.

Is there a fix for this or do these stations go back to downloading the
encap.txt file or using an earlier version of Jnos?

73,
Don - ve3zda