[nos-bbs] left mailbox_to_file, errno 107

Claudio Parmigiani 1200n81 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 15:02:00 EDT 2016

Hello all,
this is Claudio (IZ2FER) from Milan, Italy.

I am running JNOS-2.0j.7v on a Raspberry Pi 2 with no problems at all.
So, first of all, thank you everybody for keeping it "alive".

I have opened recently the HTTP port and it seems to work quite well.
Unfortunately I found many "errno 107 reading from mbox", basically one
every session closing.

Here follows an example from the logfile (login with user/passwd, then
command "B" - 1.2.3.4 is the fake JNOS IP):

18:25:50  1.2.3.4:64644 - hvs connect
18:25:50  - MBOX (iz2fer) browser login
18:25:50  - MBOX (iz2fer) open
18:25:54  1.2.3.4:64644 - hvs disconnect
18:26:03  1.2.3.4:56388 - hvs connect
18:26:03  - MBOX (iz2fer) exit
18:26:03  - errno 107 reading from mbox
18:26:03  - left mailbox_to_file, errno 107
18:26:05  1.2.3.4:56388 - hvs disconnect

- This error does not show up for regular telnet nor radio sessions.
- There is not any mail left in the spool for the user.
- This error shows up even with new callsigns, which have never logged in
before.
- /jnos/spool/access.www exists and it is empty
- /jnos/www/root.htm exists and it is empty

I don't know if this is this a known issue or some kind of
misconfiguration, do you have any idea ?
Thank you and keep up the good work.

73, Claudio IZ2FER.