[nos-bbs] JNOS SystemD file

Boudewijn (Bob) Tenty bobtenty at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 10:58:11 EDT 2016

I did the following a couple of weeks ago..

The recommended way is to install a service file is in /etc/systemd/system/
according to the docs I have read.
I used this as information: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Systemd

To add another getty:  systemctl enable getty at tty8

cp /lib/systemd/system/getty at .service /etc/systemd/system/jnos at .service

and edited jnos at .service to my situation.

Modified:

#ExecStart=-/sbin/agetty --noclear %I $TERM
ExecStart=/usr/local/hamradio/jnos/dojnos

Added to the end of that file:

Alias=getty.target.wants/getty at tty8.service

Made a soft link..

ln -s /etc/systemd/system/jnos at .service
/etc/systemd/system/getty.target.wants/getty at tty8.service

Started the stuff:

systemctl start getty at tty8.service

Note:

One of the lines in "dojnos" is

exec $jnoscommand </dev/tty8>/dev/tty8 2>&1

"dojnos" was already in use before the conversion to systemd.

Bob VE3TOK