[nos-bbs] multiple options for "start telnet"

Michael Fox - N6MEF n6mef at mefox.org
Mon Apr 25 13:16:43 EDT 2016

I continue to update the HOWTO document I shared earlier

[Michael Fox]

Yes.  In fact, observing BPQ sessions yesterday, I can see that it behaves differently for inbound vs. outbound.  When connecting to JNOS, BPQ sends CR only.  When JNOS connects to (the "TCPPORT" on) BPQ, BPQ sends CRLF.  Jeez.

> Perhaps the final fix(s) can be documented in a small spread sheet
> depicting how JNOS  (telnet, mbx fbb....etc) should be setup to properly
> handshake with each of the various programs  (bpqnode, bpqbbs, linfbb,
> winbbs, linuxnode....etc.). This probably could be achieved by someone
> (other than me) who has a keen knowledge of all the various programs and
> how they interact with Jnos (Michael ?).
[Michael Fox]

I don't have keen knowledge of anything!  ;-)

What I do have is 7 JNOS systems and we forward with LinFBB, BPQ, ARY and other JNOS folks.  And my professional background is in IP network engineering.  (https://www.linkedin.com/in/michaelefox).

And I'm happy to contribute.  I continue to update the document that I shared earlier, as we go, so that I capture all that we've learning about the interaction of each of the "knobs" and "switches".  When we finally reach a working "recipe" for each combination, I'll definitely be adding that.  Of course, I'm happy to share with the group.

Michael