[nos-bbs] Forwarding to/from BPQ

Michael Fox - N6MEF n6mef at mefox.org
Mon Apr 25 03:22:46 EDT 2016

Using latest bleeding2 I can't get forwarding with BPQ to work reliably.

BPQ -> JNOS:

Forwarding from BPQ to JNOS works sometimes, and sometimes results in JNOS
sending "Protocole error 3"

The BPQ station is connection to my regular telnet server port "start
telnet" and puts a dot before it's call sign during login.

JNOS -> BPQ:

I can't get forwarding from JNOS to BPQ to work at all.

I create a short, one line message (short subject plus one short line of
message body).
I use mbox kick to start forwarding.

If I DO have enableiac in forward.bbs, then I see the subject go out,
followed by a short amount (about 5 bytes) of data.  But then the session
hangs and eventually times out.

If I do NOT have enableiac in forward.bbs, then I see the subject go out,
followed by more binary data (the same 5 bytes as above, plus maybe 100
bytes more).  Again, the session hangs and eventually times out.

Any ideas?

forward.bbs:

callsign
tcp <hostname> <port>   (with or without enableiac)
+user:
* 1
.login
+password:
* 1
.passwd
area1
area2
area3
----

I can send more logs and traces if desired.  But it sounds like maybe the
ones I sent previously haven't been looked at yet.  So I don't know what to
do.

Michael